Our client in Vaughan/Markham, Ontario is looking for a Site Plan Design Engineer to join their team!
This individual will work on Land Development projects through development or redevelopment of properties, urban "brown field” sites, and greenfield properties. Projects include high and mid density condominium and townhouse residential; low density infill urban subdivisions; mixed use commercial; and retail, office, industrial, and institutional buildings
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare Functional Servicing Reports including data acquisition, analysis, and report writing.
• Prepare detailed engineering design documents, grading and servicing designs, for site plans and draft plans using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Complete engineering analysis including sewer calculations, water modelling analysis and earthworks calculations.
• Stormwater management design and preparation of stormwater management reports
• Perform project management activities including liaising with clients and other consultants.
• Be the primary point of contact for clients on projects.
• Ensure quality and timely delivery of project deliverables to meet the client’s needs.
• Understand the client’s business objectives on projects.
• Actively participate in regular workload and production meetings.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Civil technology degree or diploma from an accredited institution
• Civil design-related experience using AutoCAD and Civil3D
• 5+ years of detailed design experience in the land development industry
• P.Eng. designation preferred or a CET with appropriate industry experience
• High level of familiarity with various approval agencies, including design guidelines and standards (Local and Provincial)
• High level of understanding of the planning process, the EA process, and the EC application process
• Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Creative and innovative thinker with sound technical aptitude and attention to detail
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, associates, and clients
• Ability to effectively multi-task and work in fast paced, highly charged environment
• Expected to complete tasks accurately and efficiently with minimum supervision
Our client is a privately owned civil engineering consulting firm with clients in both the public and private sectors. Ranked as one of the Best 50 Small and Medium Employers in Canada in 2014, they offer an employee recognition program to help distinguish themselves from other firms. Our client is focused on providing a high standard of technical management and engineering services.