Our client is looking for a Transportation Manager with Business Development experience to join their team!
This individual will help further diversify the client and project base of the Calgary transportation team, partner with the other transportation business center leaders in the day-to-day operation of the group and support the other sector leaders through cross-selling and resource sharing and to personally participate in the securing and execution of strategic projects. This will be accomplished through providing technical direction and guidance at the business centre level, as well as identifying business development opportunities in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment.
This group mainly focuses on planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors
• Helping to achieve top line growth for the Business Center
• Supporting the Managing Lead to achieve key operational performance metrics
• Leading local business development efforts including proposal development, client relationships, developing leads and securing contracts to achieve business development and financial goals
• Participating in and leading marketing and business development meetings and plans, client surveys, and local business center improvement plans
• Assisting with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center
• Working with the leadership team to achieve key performance indicators
• Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Transportation Group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities
• Leading growth in revenue for Southern Alberta Projects and document progress through the use of action registers, financial progress reporting, etc.
• Building a strong technical quality culture, identifying technical gaps within teams and working with local leadership to address gaps
• Attracting key staff to the transportation team to facilitate growth
• Working collaboratively and communicating regularly with other business developers, practitioners and marketing teams within the company to assist in growing the transportation business
• Project management of key projects along with coaching, mentoring, and developing future leaders
• Promoting a strong health and safety culture within the Business Center
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Master’s Degree preferred, or Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Transportation from an accredited institution
• 15+ years of experience
• P.Eng designation with APEGA or the ability to register
• Exceptionally strong understanding of the Alberta market
• Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, and Statement of Qualifications
• Demonstrated technical skills on major projects with an understanding on the various Transportation consultancy sectors
• Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Alberta is considered a strong asset)
• Substantial leadership, communication and team building skills are essential for the successful candidate to meet the expectations of this challenging position
• Possess the strengths, experience and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team
• An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider
• Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.