Our client in Calgary, Alberta is looking for a Senior Project Manager Specializing in Transportation to join their team!
This individual will participate in some of our client’s largest and most complex transportation projects by leading multi-disciplined teams in completing infrastructure projects, assist in expanding the business in the Alberta South region, and support other company leaders through cross-selling and resource sharing.
This position has potential for advancement within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Directing roadway design staff and managing multi-disciplined project teams
• Financial management of projects including budget forecasting, resource management, change-order management, and client invoicing.
• Developing proposals, budgets and schedules, on-going business development, and liaising with clients.
• Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors
• Supporting the Managing Lead to achieve key operational performance metrics.
• Working with the leadership team to achieve key performance indicators.
• Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Transportation Group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
• Building a strong technical quality culture and team
• Attracting key staff to the transportation team to facilitate growth.
• Coaching, mentoring, and developing future leaders.
• Supporting the Quality Management System, and promoting the Environmental Health & Safety program.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering
• 12+ years of experience.
• P.Eng. or eligible for registration with APEGA
• Proven project management skills on complex mufti-discipline projects.
• PMP designation considered an asset
• Familiarity with related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation
• Experience and ability to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire team members to work together cohesively as a team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of relevant roadway and highway design guides.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Familiarity with highway and roadway engineering practices and principles.
• Exceptionally strong understanding of the Alberta market.
• Demonstrated technical skills on major projects with an understanding on the various Transportation consultancy sectors.
• Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, and Statement of Qualifications.
• Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Alberta is considered a strong asset).
• Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.