Our client in beautiful British Columbia is looking for a Senior Highway Design Engineer to join their team in either their Kamloops or Kelowna office.
This individual will work with the transportation infrastructure group on a variety of highway, civil, municipal infrastructure, site development, and site services projects for both provincial and municipal clients.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Directing highway design staff and managing multi-discipline project teams.
• Financial management of projects including budget forecasting, resource management, change-order management, and client invoicing.
• Developing proposals, budgets and schedules, and on-going business development and liaison with clients.
• Collaborating with Transportation Leaders and other Project Managers to identify staffing, equipment, and training requirements.
• Supporting the company’s Quality Management System
• Promoting the Environmental Health & Safety program.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution
• 15+ years of experience related to highway/roadway design.
• P.Eng designation with APEGBC, or the ability to register
• Knowledge of codes, highway/municipal and roads design standards and design guidelines such as MMCD Design Guidelines.
• Must be familiar with the BC Ministry of Transportation standards and guidelines.
• Proficient experience with highway and roadway design related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, CAiCe and InRoads.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to lead a design team on multiple deliverable packages.
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.