Our client in the Markham, Ontario area is looking for a Municipal Engineer to join their team!
This individual will work on a wide range of projects, primarily in urban environments, for both public and private sector clients.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of new roads and modifications to existing roads to accommodate increased vehicular traffic, new transit infrastructure (LRT, BRT), cyclists, pedestrians and access for new development
• Relocation plans for above and below grade utilities
• Construction staging plans
• Preparation of contract documents
• Supervision and mentoring junior designers/engineers and CAD operators
• Coordination with other disciplines (e.g. architects, landscape architects, structural engineers, transportation engineers and planners)
Required Qualifications and Skills will include:
• A minimum of 3 years of municipal/road design experience
• Working knowledge of TAC and MTO design standards
• Experience with AutoCAD and a working knowledge of Microstation
• Eligibility for registration with PEO is desirable.
Our client offers a culture where their employees are encouraged and given to opportunity to grow and develop as leaders in the industry. They encourage collaboration and flexibility to help facilitate an environment of continuous learning, and quick decision making. Our client creates loyalty in their employees by offering shares in ownership, profit sharing, and financial rewards based on performance. They also offer competitive salaries, group benefits program, and social events to create comradery amongst their team.