Our client in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia is looking for a Senior Architect to join their Buildings Group!
For the right individual, this role would progress to a managerial opportunity within the office.
This office focuses mainly on healthcare facilities, sports and recreation, and civic buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare contract drawings, specifications, schedules, details and sketches from conceptual design through to construction.
• Provide mentorship, guidance, and direction to others.
• Liaising with multidisciplinary project teams.
• Assist with and /or managing contract administration services.
• Assist in preforming building code analysis.
• Complete projects and assignments within timelines and budgets.
• Support good policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety.
• Represent the company in public meetings in a professional manner.
• Advise on approaches to construction documentation and team composition.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Degree in Architecture from a recognized University
• At least 10 years of professional experience, strong focus on design excellence and graphic communication with varied project types
• Registered or eligible for registration with the Nova Scotia Association of Architects (NSAA)
• Experience working with the national Building Code, construction detailing
• Must be experienced in planning, facility programming, all phases of architectural design from conceptual design development to detailed design and be actively involved in the preparation and coordination of construction documents; duties include mentoring and supervision of junior and intermediate architectural members
• Strong visual and graphic communication skills a desirable asset
• Familiarity with AutoCAD (2012 minimum to most current version); solid working knowledge of Revit and MS Office Suite
• Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) with your collaboration with team members including multiple engineering disciplines and clients
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills essential in your dealings with colleagues and clients; great team skills and ability to work on multiple projects.
• LEED certification an asset
• Bilingual language skills (English & French) are an asset
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.