Our client in Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Senior Solid Waste Planner to join their team!
This individual will assist with the evaluation of alternatives for developing and managing solid waste facilities.
NOTE: Some travel will be required
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• A BA in economics or business administration
• A minimum of 25 years of solid waste management experience
• A minimum of 20 years of experience working for or with municipalities
• Understanding of the Solid Waste Market and the unique challenges faced by public sector agencies within this market
• Direct project experience with evaluating alternatives for developing and managing solid waste facilities and associated by-products (landfill gas) and diverted waste materials (organics)
• Experience with compiling financial and regulatory evaluations of alternative solid waste management strategies
• An understanding of California Environmental Quality Act, solid waste permitting requirements, and regulations that govern various aspects of solid waste management
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, a positive attitude and the ability to work independently or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with defined deadlines
• Ability to travel both locally and nationally
Our Client is an employee-owned organization internationally known and recognized for its commitment to technical excellence. Their construction team provides greater certainty for your ground engineering and environmental construction needs. Their construction professionals, in collaboration with their consulting, engineering and design groups, deliver innovative solutions for their clients.