Our client in beautiful British Columbia is looking for a Roadway/Transportation Design Project Manager to join their Burnaby office!
This individual will deliver municipal and provincial transportation/transit design projects.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Directing and providing hands-on management of preliminary roadway design and detailed design assignments for public sector clients
• Managing staff and multi-disciplined project teams
• Leading teams with the planning and design of provincial highway, municipal road works, transit facilities, municipal services and drainage.
• Financial management of projects including budget forecasting, resource management, change-order management, and client invoicing.
• Developing proposals, budgets and schedules, and on-going business development and liaison with clients.
• Collaborating with Transportation Leaders and other Project Managers to identify staffing, equipment, and training requirements.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution.
• P.Eng. or eligible for registration with APEGBC
• 10+ years of experience
• Experience with related software such as LDD, InRoads, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation
• Proven supervisory experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proven Project Management Experience on municipal arterial roadways
• Working knowledge of relevant roadway and highway design guides
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Familiarity with highway and roadway engineering practices and principles
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.