Our client is looking for a Director of Development Projects to join their team at their already well established office in Edmonton, Alberta!
This individual will manage and successfully deliver large and complex infill capital programs and projects. These projects will range in size from $200 million to $400 million. The Director/Senior Project Manager will collaborate with project teams, clients, design teams, construction managers, contractors, and stakeholders to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide oversight to the overall project management team (approximately 8-10 staff) from project inception to completion including commissioning, handover and warranty management
• Negotiate project scope and key performance indicators with clients
• Manage Consultant and Contractor procurement processes including conducting post-proposal interviews, analyzing responses and preparing recommendations for award.
• Generate and maintain project planning documentation including schedules, budgets and cost control processes and procedures and work breakdown structures.
• Prepare risk management plans
• Prepare Project Implementation Manuals
• Establish and manage change management processes and procedures
• Represent the client’s best interest with respect to contractual and technical issues.
• Chair project and site meetings
• Resolve disputes between the contractor, consultant and sub-trades as required
• Process change requests, contemplated change notices, change orders and payment certificates.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, including registration with a respective professional organization, or an equivalent combination of education and practical experience
• Minimum 20+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Construction Manager
• Minimum 15+ years of experience as a Project Manager in an Owner or Owner’s Representative capacity
• LEED and PMP designations will be considered an asset
• Direct experience managing large-scale tower development projects (office, residential rental, residential condominium, hotel, and mixed-use)
• Strong technical construction understanding and background including optimization of design and value engineering
• Experience utilizing different project delivery models such as design-build, construction management, design-bid-build, and various hybrids options.
• Experience preparing development, project and design briefs, Terms of Reference, selecting and retaining consultants (local and international) and managing preparation of development and building plans and contract documentation.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including demonstrated ability to effectively convey architectural and construction concepts, in written, graphic and oral forms to clients, stakeholders, tenants and the public.
• Client oriented approach to problems with a commitment to professional development, teamwork and high ethical standards.
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.