Our client in Ottawa, Ontario is looking for a Land Use Planner to join their team!
This individual will need to have a full-membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate complete development approval applications, including: Official Plan amendment, zoning amendment, Committee of Adjustment, Plan of Subdivision, Site Plan Control, and condominium applications
• Review preliminary concepts
• Perform due diligence activities
• Prepare supporting documents such as Planning Rationales
• Contact municipalities and other approval agencies, utilities in the pursuit of approvals and general coordination tasks
• Coordinate with other consultants and internal groups
• Communicate pertinent project information to Project Manager, municipalities and staff assigned to projects
• Participate in public meetings for development approval applications
• Negotiate or assist in negotiating relevant agreements and conditions (e.g. subdivision and site plan conditions/agreements, condominium registration, permits, etc.)
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• 5+ years of experience in planning land development or municipal projects
• Membership with the Canadian Institute of Planners
• Positive attitude towards work, colleagues and supportive of a team environment
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects
• Strong analytical and report writing skills
• Detail-oriented and time management capabilities
• Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills and experience (ranging from informal client meetings to formal stand-up presentations) with various stakeholders
• A valid driver’s license is required, as some travel will be expected
• English/French bilingualism will be considered an asset
Our client is an engineering consulting group specializing in land development and municipal projects. They are known for their cost effective and innovative designs. Our client offers engineering and design services in the Land/Site Development, Municipal Infrastructure, Water Resources, Transportation/Traffic, Recreational, and Structural sectors. Located in Ottawa, they have created a name for themselves due to their expertise and project success. They strive to build long lasting relationships with both their employees and clients.