Our client, a well-established and highly successful engineering and planning consulting firm, is seeking a Senior Highway Design Project Manager to join their team in either Markham, or Toronto, Ontario.
Our client is vibrant and entrepreneurial, with a staff of over 160 and growing. This person will manage highway and road design projects for the Ontario Ministry of Transportation and municipalities throughout Ontario.
Your Challenge in this role will be to:
• Supervise a team of designers and technical support staff engaged in the design of highways and roads;
• Assist the department manager in recruiting, training and performance management activities;
• Prepare proposals, expressions of interest and other marketing material;
• Act as an ambassador of the firm in promoting their expertise to both current and potential clients;
• Actively participate in seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of the latest industry trends.
Here’s What You Offer as the Best Fit Candidate
• Must possess Civil Engineering degree and P.Eng. designation;
• Minimum ten years of experience in preliminary and detailed design projects involving multi-disciplines – MTO TPM design projects, including functional planning and EA studies;
• Must have MTO RAQS Qualifications – Detail Design – Multi-lane arterial & expressway – Minor and major reconstruction and/or widening;
• Experience in the management and production of MTO contract packages including CPS and HICO;
• Excellent communication and professional presentation skills to market the firms services to senior level industry and government stakeholders;
• Well established professional relationships with Ontario Ministry of Transportation and other provincial and municipal officials.