*** Please Note: YOU MUST SPECIALIZE IN BUILDING SYSTEMS ***
This individual MUST have Lighting experience in Healthcare Projects
Our client in San Diego, California is looking for an Electrical Engineer specializing in Building Systems to join their team!
This individual will be involved in projects such as educational, institutional, and commercial buildings with a focus on healthcare projects.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the Engineer-of-Record and internal technical design expert on assigned projects
- Support project requirements including basis-of design narratives, opinions-of-probable-costs estimates, drawing documentation, systems design and technical specifications
- Collaborate with project managers and supporting design staff
- Actively participate in the development of design staff through work on projects and serves as a trainer, mentor and resource for junior staff
- Handle design development and document preparation in written and computer-aided design formats
- Delegate work to production support staff
- Research, prepare, and present coordinated design options
- Review drawings and research code issues to comply with city, state, and county regulations
- Interact with key clients and project stakeholders
- Provide input on the creation and editing of technical specifications
- Provide contract documents that meet required codes and quality assurance standards
- Collaborate with the practice and market leaders to obtain and disseminate technical knowledge.
- Periodically act as QC reviewer on projects and participate in project peer reviews
- Maintain current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthen skills
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience
- PE license required
- Ability to independently prepare and review detailed drawings
- Strong knowledge of discipline-specific systems for the built environment
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Ability to demonstrate a credible and trustworthy presence through professionalism, demeanor, and technical knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Functional knowledge of recent versions of AutoCAD; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP
- Experience in designing healthcare, higher education, military and/or life science environments
- Familiarity with various construction delivery processes
- Knowledge of specialty calculations applicable to design discipline
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms
- Will frequently be required to sit, talk and hear
- Will frequently be required to visit and navigate existing facilities and construction sites, which often requires the ability to walk and climb
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The staff member must occasionally operate a motor vehicle
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.