Our client in Oakville, Ontario is looking for a Project Manager of Municipal Engineering to join their team!
This individual will provide project management in all aspects of municipal projects from proposal stage through completion.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Provide high level guidance and oversight in the preparation of proposals, developing work plans, schedules, budgets, fees and negotiations in adherence with company protocols
• Manage municipal engineering projects to ensure timelines, budgets and targets are being met, and the overall quality and client satisfaction
• Identify new markets and clients, developing business plans and strategies in alignment with overall company strategic initiatives
• Develop and maintain relationships with industry professionals, consultants and other business leaders
• Provide mentorship and guidance to intermediate and junior engineers and technical staff
• Design and stamping medium to complex designs
• Provide leadership in technical, financial and administrative aspects of the consulting business
• Oversee the preparation of tender and contract documents; and
• Coordinate with clients, approval agencies, utility companies, contractors, etc.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• A university degree in Civil Engineering
• P.Eng designation with the PEO or the eligibility to register
• 10+ years of experience
• Project management experience
• Demonstrated ability for, and interest in, business development
• Experience in working with local municipalities in the GTA area would be considered an asset
• Ability to work effectively with clients and other relevant stakeholders
• Thorough knowledge in Municipal Engineering including policies, regulations, guidelines and operational procedures
• Demonstrated experience in preliminary and detail design work with proven solid design capabilities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (French would be considered an asset)
• Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to think creatively
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team; an
• Valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance
Our client is a growing engineering and planning firm with175 employees. Based out of Canada’s capital, Ottawa, they are dedicated to providing efficient and high-quality services to both private and public sector clients.