Our client in Edmonton, Alberta is looking for a Manager-Business Development for their Water and Wastewater Engineering Group!
This individual will involve providing technical direction and guidance at the business centre level, as well as identifying business development opportunities in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment. Our client is looking for someone to be someone with exceptional leadership, communication and business acumen that will help set the vision for how the practice expands its business within Alberta.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth for the Business Centre, and supporting the Managing Lead to achieve key operational performance metrics
• Leading local business development pursuits including proposal development for the group, coordinating a core group of engineering professionals in Alberta to achieve business development and financial goals
• Participating in and leading (when required) marketing and business development meetings, client surveys, and local business center improvement plans
• Assisting with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center and working with the leadership team to achieve key performance indicators
• Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Water Group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities
• Leading growth in revenue for Alberta Projects and document progress through the use of action registers, financial progress reporting, etc.
• Building a strong technical quality culture, identifying technical gaps within teams and working with local leadership to address gaps
• Attracting key staff to the water team to facilitate growth
• Working collaboratively and communicating regularly with business center, regional, and national sector leadership to achieve key performance indicators
• Coaching, mentoring, and developing future leaders
• Promoting a strong health and safety culture within the Business Centre
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Post-graduate degree or a B.Sc.
• 10+ years of professional experience
• Exceptionally strong understanding of the Alberta market
• Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications
• Demonstrated technical skills on major projects with an understanding on the various water consultancy sectors (treatment, conveyance, water resources)
• Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in Alberta is considered a strong asset)
• Substantial leadership, communication and team building skills are essential for the successful candidate to meet the expectations of this challenging position
• The Business Centre Sector Lead must be an individual who has the strengths, experience and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team
• An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider
• Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential. Our client’s Water Team has a strong local presence, and participates in some of the company’s largest and most complex projects.