Our client in South-Western Ontario (Sarnia) is looking for a Junior Mechanical or Piping Designer to join their team! You must live in South Western Ontario to be eligible for this role!
This individual will use AutoCAD software to prepare 3D piping design models in conformance with project specifications and scope of work.
NOTE: This is a one year contract position with the potential to become permanent for the right individual.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Review the work at hand
• Assist in piping design layout with the use of Plant 3D and AutoCAD software
• Support field personnel during construction
• 3D CAD modeling and detailed design
• Prepare related engineering drawings
• Support the development of work packages for construction issue within a multi-discipline team of designers and engineers
• Communicate design requirements and provide input to the project team
• Assist senior designers and engineers with verifying and checking design drawings to conform to specifications and client’s requirements and to prepare and develop documentation packages and construction drawing sets
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• College\University graduate of a Mechanical program
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD
• Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail
• Self-motivated and quick to learn new things
• Proficiency in MS word and MS Excel
• Familiar with various design codes (eg. ASME B31.3)
• Field investigation experience an asset
• Experience in oil and gas sector is an asset
• Ability to communicate and work alongside a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers
Our client is a leader in the engineering, procurement and construction management sector, and provides project development, execution and engineering services for industrial purposes. They have a dedicated team who strives to provide the best results for their clients.