Our client in the Vaughan/Toronto, Ontario region is looking for a Project Coordinator/Jr Project Manager specializing in civil infrastructure to join their team!
This individual will provide assistance to Management and oversee the construction of assigned projects from acquisition to conclusion.
Responsibilities and Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare contract requisitions and review alternative methods of submitting claims to yield the best possible results with respect to their subsequent approval
• Review all requisitions for accuracy and completeness prior to submission to engineers for certification and again after certification for adjustments and reclaims, arrange meetings with appropriate parties as required
• Follow up submitted requisitions to ensure timely certification by consulting Engineers
• Negotiate adequate compensation for controversial claims with various consulting engineers and clients
• Assure all claims are presented to engineers with appropriate support backup necessary to validate claim and reasons for the claims’ justification under the terms of the contract; required to determine if claim is approved or disallowed
• Maintain complete files with copy of contract tender, special payment terms, subcontracts and up to date summary/details of all contemplated contract change orders, addendums and additional works for subsequent submission
• Assist in securing payments due including the timely release of holdback monies
• Develop and maintain tracking systems to manage progress payment certificates; project completions, statutory holdbacks and maintain lien rights for all contracts
• Ensure and enforce compliance to all company, client and legislated safety policies and procedures
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• University/College diploma in civil engineering, or equivalent
• 3-5+ years of experience working with waste/water facilities, water mains
• P.Eng designation preferred, CET certification also accepted
• Prior experience in civil engineering projects
Our client is one of the largest sewer and water main contractors in Canada. Operating primarily in Southern Ontario, they are dedicated to providing the best results for all clients ranging from municipalities to commercial bodies to home builders. Through their quality of work our client has become known for their leadership in the industry.