Our client in Markham, Ontario is looking for an Intermediate Design Engineer to join their team!
This individual will need to have a mechanical or structural engineering background, with experience in designing temporary structures for the purpose of restoration, building maintenance, construction, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Interpret customer requirements and specifications;
• Develop 2D and 3D design concepts and proposals;
• Prepare sales drawings and presentation materials;
• Create new product designs;
• Implement improvements and enhancements to existing designs;
• Create fabrication drawings and bills of materials;
• Prepare technical and supporting documentation;
• Customer service activities
• Technical Support for: Customers. Sales, Marketing, etc.
• Project management.
Required Qualifications and Skills will include:
• Mechanical or Structural engineering background (Bachelor Degree or Technology Diploma);
• 5-7+ years of experience;
• Expert in AutoCAD and AutoDesk Inventor 2D and 3D environments;
• Strong mathematical and design aptitude;
• Excellent problem solving skills;
• The ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) with staff and associates, as well as with customers;
• Strong organizational skills;
• Attention to detail;
• The ability to learn quickly;
• The ability to work alone or in a group;
• The ability to be a solid team player.