Our client in Markham, Ontario is looking for a Design Team Leader specializing in residential Land Development to join their team!
This individual will be responsible for all preliminary and detailed design implementation, calculations, document, drawing preparation and scheduling for the team.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare constraints plan for preliminary and detail design, including base, servicing and grading
• Execute / supervise critical design elements at both preliminary and detailed design stages (road centreline, grading, channel, tributary areas, underground service layout and profile design, pumping station and forcemain, ponds, pond control features, erosion and sediment control, earthworks calculation, hydraulic calculation, design sheet preparation, etc.)
• Verify current design standards, criteria and standard drawings
• Review, comment and implement based on project reports and subconsultant's design, e.g. MSS, FSR, geotechnical, hydrogeological, acoustic, traffic, fluvial, water distribution, ESA, archeological, tree preservation plan, landscape, draft plan conditions, architectural (grading types), flood mapping, utility, CUP, etc.
• Review, comment and implement Stormwater Management solution, pond design brief report and SWM reports
• Define earthworks strategy
• Primary design quality control
• Stamp drawings for the team work
• Responsible for meeting deadlines as assigned and agreed
• Direct senior design staff
• Instruct and co-ordinate design team
• Review the work of senior design staff
• Estimate time required to complete the design assignment in conjunction with Design Client Manager
• Monitor the critical path
• Co-ordinate with Design Client Manager to receive / review and/or provide design information
• Review and prepare project solutions requested by client, discuss and coordinate with Design Area Manager
• Assist in Design Client Manager to coordinate with external on design info
• Check and review drawings prepared by other consultants
• Co-ordinate with Design Client Manager and accounting department on identifying extra work, proposal, description, timesheet preparation, etc.
• Co-ordinate with Contract Administration Project Manager to receive / review as-built and field information
• Train staff
• Supervise senior and intermediate design staff
• Supervise a design team as assigned
• Complete individual performance assessments for senior design staff in consultation with Design Manager
• Co-ordinate and provide monthly invoicing summaries to the accounting department for projects under their supervision
• Review and approve invoices provided by the accounting department for projects under their supervision
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• University Degree or College Diploma focusing on Civil Engineering
• P.Eng or CET designation
• 5+ years of direct subdivision design experience post licensure
• Experience in subdivision and site plan design
• Expertise in design of storm sewer, sanitary sewers, watermains, roads, lot grading, earthworks and stormwater management
• Expertise in automated design and drafting (AutoCAD and related third party software)
• Occasional travel to client / municipality for project related meetings will be required
Our client has over twenty years of presence within the GTA Land Development marketplace; their strong reputation is due to their commitment to hiring and investing in bright, dynamic young professionals and developing them into leaders. They hold themselves to a very high standard of quality which has gained them a strong client following with a great deal of repeat and referral-based business.