Our client in Waterloo, Ontario is looking for an ambitious Structural Engineer to join their team!
This individual will prepare specific drawings for various projects. Typical projects include: multi-level residential, wood frame, institutional, industrial, and mainly commercial buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Providing engineering expertise for structural design
• Conducting field investigations
• Preparing reports, analysis and design, plans, details and specifications for additions/modifications/renovations to residential, commercial and industrial buildings
• Prioritizing and delivering multiple small projects, from beginning to end, with minimal supervision
• Liaising with clients, design team consultants and contractors to ensure all project work is compliant with the design documents, while ensuring the projects will be delivered on time and on budget
• Working with Senior Engineers, and taking direction as/when required
Required Qualifications and Skills will include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, specializing in Structural Engineering
• P.Eng Designation
• 5-6+ years of structural design experience in steel, concrete and wood
• Knowledge of Canadian building and design codes is required
• Specialization in Commercial Structures and Wood structures will be considered an asset
• Proven ability in preparing reports, specifications, and drawing packages
• Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
• Ability to provide clean, accurate, and timely designs
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Our client specializes in Structural and Civil Engineering in the South-Western Ontario region. Their diversified leadership team allows them to provide cost-effective solutions for a variety of different clients province wide.
Structural, Engineer, Structural Engineer