Our client is seeking a Project Manager with a strong background in Building Sciences for a position within their Toronto group. Reporting directly to the Department Director, the incumbent will work in a multifaceted position with responsibilities encompassing:
- Set-up and management of projects;
- Facility and Building Condition Assessments;
- Preparation and writing of proposals;
- Coordination and execution of building inspections;
- Delivering cost estimates;
- Coordinating activities of other department personnel/sub-consultants;
- Liaise and manage client relationships and assist with strategic business development;
The qualified Candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering or Architecture. Building science focus is an asset. Knowledge of construction, particularly residential high-rise and low-rise construction are assets.
- Professional designation (P.Eng, CET, MAATO, etc) is a requirement;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills is mandatory in this position. Qualified candidates must be able to clearly and concisely converse with the project team, both internally and externally.
- Project management skills including project work break down structure management, task scheduling, coordinating task for other business units, liaising between internal and external project team members.
- Organization skills including maintenance of paper and electronic files.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- G class driver’s license and access to own vehicle on a daily basis.
Our client is a growing multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with offices throughout Ontario. Their expertise is within the structural, building services and municipal/civil sectors. Consistently voted as a top 50 Employer, as well as one of the top 50 Best Places to Work in Canada, they have carved out a strong reputation not only for the quality of their work, but for the investment they put into their employees.
Building Science, Building Envelope, Cladding, Restoration, Project Management