Our client in Calgary, Alberta is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join their team!
This individual will work on the design of a variety of structures including industrial, commercial, institutional, and public and private facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Preparing engineering designs from conceptual and detailed design through to tender and construction documents.
• Planning and designing concrete, steel and masonry building structures of differing complexity.
• Preparation of design calculations and specifications for projects.
• Producing sketches and providing engineering support and input to drafting team.
• Coordinating project with client and other disciplines in a multidisciplinary design team, and other offices, with a “team player” approach to design and problem solving.
• Preparing schedules, estimates and proposals.
• Supervising and coordinating the activity of other engineers and project team members were required.
• Working to and meeting project schedules and budgets.
• Fostering client relationships and ensuring that client needs are met to result in repeat business.
• Contributing technically to the team, and providing training and mentoring to other staff.
• Completing construction review services including field reviews and co-ordination, shop drawing and submittal review.
• Review and issuance of change orders, clarifications and RFI responses.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• A university degree in civil engineering with a structural concentration.
• P.Eng designation with APEGA.
• 10+ years of post-graduation experience in the design of various buildings structures in a structural design position.
• Thorough understanding of the design of industrial structures.
• Extensive knowledge of all relevant codes and standards.
• Previous experience with engineering software applications such as SFRAME, STAAD, RISA and other tools.
• Strong leadership qualities, time management, project management, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are required for you to meet the demands of this position.
Our client is a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm. Our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.