Our client in Mississauga, Ontario is looking for a Geotechnical Lab Technician to join their team!
This individual will have experience in geotechnical testing (direct shear tests, triaxial compression tests, oedometer consolidation, permeability tests etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Participating in the general daily routine of laboratory practices;
• Undertaking laboratory testing of soil and aggregate for civil and mining projects;
• Preparing soil samples for analysis;
• Carrying out non-standard experiments under direction of the Laboratory Manager and engineers;
• Participating in data collection and processing;
• Participating in sample receipt, handling and storage control;
• Participating in special waste management testing;
• Training and mentoring junior staff.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline (i.e. civil engineering, geology, geotechnical, soil mechanics);
• 10 years of relevant laboratory experience (experience with permeability, consolidation, triaxial testing is required);
• An ability to perform basic soil (grain size analysis, atterberg limits, density etc.) and rock testing including point load testing and unconfined compression stress is preferred;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Ability to work within a team environment;
• High attention to detail and the ability to multi-task;
• Excellent mathematical and calculation skills;
• Exposure to geotechnical soils testing is preferred.
Our Client is an employee-owned organization internationally known and recognized for its commitment to technical excellence. Their construction team provides greater certainty for your ground engineering and environmental construction needs. Their construction professionals, in collaboration with their consulting, engineering and design groups, deliver innovative solutions for their clients.
Geotechnical, Laboratory, Soils Testing, Lab Technician