Our client is seeking a Senior Project Manager (Building Science) for a progressive role within their firm. This opportunity is available due to growth, as the company is currently in the process of expanding their footprint beyond the GTA.
The ideal candidate will work directly with the Principal and Associate of the Restoration group*, assisting with preparation of proposals; design and contract administration of restoration projects. Additionally, they will also be expected to provide guidance and mentoring to Intermediate and Junior Engineers; conducting site investigations; designing and preparing restorations specifications and drawings; tendering work, and managing large-scale restoration projects from cradle to grave.
***Please note that the nature of this role is flexible, and for an individual with the right level of expertise, they would consider making the incumbent an Associate/Principal and building a team around them. This is a strategic hire for the purpose of helping to expand their presence within the GTA.***
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of proposals
• Quality review of reports and designs
• Managing large size restoration projects (more than $1,000,000 construction cost)
• Communicating with clients to manage relationships and assist with expanding business/winning future projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Applied Science, or equivalent
• 7 to 15 years of industry experience with an emphasis on restoration and rehabilitation principles
• Must have Project Management experience within a Consulting environment
• Ability and willingness to guide and mentor junior engineers
• Preparing reports and designs for large restoration projects
• Ability to manage large restoration projects
With over 45 years of industry presence and a continuously expanding footprint, our client has managed to carve out a reputation as one of Canada's most innovative structural engineering consulting firms. Their collaborative approach has allowed them to consistently deliver functional, sustainable projects on time and under budget. As one of the first consulting firms in Canada to utilize Building Information Modelling (BIM), they have been able to keep ahead of the curve of technological advancement, enabling them to offer creative solutions to even the most complex challenges. They offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive health and benefits package, company-sponsored employee events, and ongoing opportunities for training and internal advancement.