Our client in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia is looking for a strong Environmental Engineer/Technologist/Scientist to work on Contaminated Site projects. This individual will provide expertise in the areas of environmental investigation, assessment, and remediation.
This individual MUST be local from Atlantic Canada. This is a leadership position, and there will be Business Development responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Advanced technical and project management of investigation, assessment and remediation of a range of projects from large scale brownfields redevelopments to smaller contaminated sites
• Providing technical oversight of projects and mentoring junior employees in technical skill development
• Project Management – ensuring scopes are relevant, competitive and executing projects that are delivered on time and within budget.
• Reporting and data evaluation of contaminated soil and/or groundwater investigations or remediation.
• Strong client liaison capabilities and an aptitude for business development
• Involvement in business development, including proposal and tender preparation
• Knowledge of Environmental legislation would be preferred, but not essential
Required Skills and Qualifications for this position will include:
• Bachelor degree in environmental science, earth-science or engineering
• 10-15+ years of experience in the contaminated land industry
• Must have business development, client management/development, and work winning skills
• Demonstrated ability to work within team environment
• Good written communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated project management experience within a consultancy environment
Our client is an award winning company that strives to be the leader in environmental and ground engineering in Canada and worldwide. It’s team-oriented approach and respect for all their employees ranks them as one of the “Best Employers” in Canada, and one of the “Best Managed” private companies in the engineering industry.
Contaminated Land, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Investigations, Environmental Assessment, Remediation, Business Development, Client Development, Environmental Science, Earth Science