Currently, our Client in Southwestern Ontario is searching for experienced Geotechnical Engineers to join their dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a variety of geotechnical engineering projects with a focus on transportation infrastructure, land development and commercial infrastructure.
Responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Providing technical direction to project engineers on multi-discipline projects;
* Work with clients to develop long-term business relationships;
* Collaborating with other members of the geotechnical groups in Ontario offices in a business development role;
* Providing team building and leadership;
* Supervision, training and mentoring of junior staff;
* Providing senior review of technical reports, proposals and communications relative to level of experience.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
* Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in geotechnical, geological or civil engineering;
* Five to fifteen years of consulting engineering experience geotechnical engineering;
* Registration, or eligibility for registration, as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario;
* Experience in problem solving with industry standard commercial computer software (e.g., GEOSLOPE, LPILE);
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
* Experience with and aptitude for business and client development;
* Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment;
* Be well versed in risk assessment and general Health & Safety requirements;
* Must have a valid driver's licence, reliable vehicle with appropriate registration and insurance; and
* Be available for local and international business travel and extended working hours when required.