Our client in Essex/Windsor, Ontario is looking for a Survey Technologist to join their team. This individual MUST HAVE superior CAD/COGO skills.
This is a multifaceted role that will require not only strong technical expertise, but will also encompass field supervision and daily operations tasks. The ideal candidate for this role will be a tech-savvy, versatile individual who can be groomed to take on further leadership responsibility over time. This individual would be positioned to move into an Office Manager position if they are able to demonstrate a clear ability to lead and mentor.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Be involved with field and office personnel with regards to Legal, Topographic, and Construction survey projects
• Client interaction
• Data and CAD processing
• Computation and preparation of deliverables
• Performing various land surveying and instrumentation tasks
• Working on projects relating to municipal engineering (site & subdivision planning and design, topographic surveying, landscape design construction layout, etc.)
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• A Survey Technology or Engineering Technology Diploma
• 3-5+ years of survey experience – topographic surveys, boundary surveys, construction layouts, etc.
• AutoCad/LDD/Microstation system experience
• Basic computer skills for emailing, writing, spreadsheets, computation, drafting, etc.
• Working knowledge of legal and engineering surveying practices
• Excellent communication skills
• Valid G driver’s license
Our client provides professional land surveying services to builders, and government agencies in Windsor and Essex County. They have provided excellence in legal cadastral surveying to clients for 10 years. Our client specialize in construction layouts, including bridge layout and control surveys for both above and below ground, solar panel surveys on roofs and wind turbine surveys.