Our client in Ottawa, Ontario is looking for a Mechanical Design/Process Engineer/Technician to join their team! This position will be on a temporary contract basis.
*** This individual MUST HAVE valid Level II Secret Clearance ***
This position may have the opportunity to turn permanent for the right individual!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare 2D/3D mechanical CAD designs/assemblies both for product and manufacturing.
• Maintain accurate as-built drawings and up-to-date.
• Generate and maintain BOM’s (Bill of Materials).
• Dimension, read and interpret component/assembly drawings.
• Identify technical specifications and key product characteristics on drawings.
• Maintain product design revisions.
• Participate in new product development.
• Generate and update as appropriate Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's).
• Prepare Standard Operating Procedures/working instructions for various processes.
• Collect, analyze, and summarize data into reports.
• Initiate and manage Engineering Change Orders
• Perform process simulations and recommend efficiency improvements.
• Apply process improvement tools including: LEAN, process capability studies, development and implementation of control plans.
• Lead/Assist in developing/organizing a bid response to RFQ's with a cross functional team for timely creation of drawings, processes, specifications, and cost.
• Generate bottom-up and/or top-down cost modeling.
• Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Quality issues and continuous improvement programs/initiatives.
• Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved.
• Investigate problems, analyze root causes and derive resolutions.
• Manage projects related to product testing and process improvements.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Technical Degree/Certification combined with experience.
• 3-5+ years of experience designing mechanical components
• High proficiency with computers and applications such as MS Suite (Excel, Access, Project, Visio, Powerpoint).
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Inventor or equivalent.
• Intermediate knowledge of 3D modeling and the creation of engineering drawings.
• A self-starter, persistent and focused work ethic.
• Great organizational and communication skills including both oral and written.
• Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
• Working experience in fast paced manufacturing environment.
• Solid time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Detail oriented with effective analytical and problem solving skills.
• Communicate via presentations to a cross functional team.
• Working knowledge of GD&T considered an asset.
• Knowledge of materials (steel, ceramics, composites) an asset.
• Experience in Quality Control/metrics an asset.
• Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) / Design For Manufacturing/Green Belt an asset.
• Lean manufacturing environment an asset.