Our client in Edmonton, Alberta is looking for a strong, well-experienced, Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join their team!
This individual must have experience in Planning, Design, and Project Management.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Act as a review engineer/project director on geotechnical projects
• Provide technical leadership in geotechnical projects and tasks, including the development and implementation of geotechnical field and laboratory programs
• Participate with other staff in client development as well as development of the group's top line within the Alberta marketplace
• Lead proposals and design work packages in response to client needs
• Provide senior technical input on complex projects across the country
• Mentor geotechnical staff, from junior to senior
• Participate and show commitment to company health and safety program
• Provide safety and technical leadership
• Participate in some of the following: professional committees, expert panels, publications and conferences that align with your career goals and interest.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of experience (post-degree) working in a consulting engineering environment at a senior consulting level
• Currently registered or eligible for registration with APEGA
• Oil Sands, mining or land development experience
• A sound base in the application of geotechnical engineering to problem solving
• Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
• Desire to provide excellent client service and a commitment to technical excellence
• Proven record of independent work and ability to work effectively within a team environment
• Strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills are essential
• A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record are a condition of employment
Our client is an award winning company that strives to be the leader in environmental and ground engineering in Canada and worldwide. It’s team-oriented approach and respect for all their employees ranks them as one of the “Best Employers” in Canada, and one of the “Best Managed” private companies in the engineering industry.
Our Staff Benefit from:
• An option to purchase shares
• Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
• Employee mentoring program
• Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Job Segment: Geotechnical Engineering, Geology, Engineer, Consulting, Laboratory, Engineering, Technology, Science