Our client in Mississauga, Ontario region is looking for a Construction Inspector specialized in Municipal Infrastructure to join their team!
This individual will work on a variety of projects such as pumping stations, including electrical and structural components, as well as water/wastewater treatment facilities, and other municipal infrastructure facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Engineering site inspection on municipal construction projects for quality control and adherence with applicable provincial standards, engineering design and technical specifications.
• Documentation of construction site activities (daily diaries, photo logs, survey checks, field progress reports).
• Provide problem resolution/field solutions with respect to unforeseen construction issues.
• Attend and participate in construction progress meetings.
• Assist with preparation of take offs and cost estimates.
• Review and comment on Construction progress payment certificates.
• Arrange on-site geotechnical investigations and material testing for concrete, granular materials and asphalt.
• Assist with preparation of contract documents and specifications.
• Ensure compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act on construction sites with authority to issue stop work orders, Ensure proper Ministry and project procedures are followed to ensure public/pedestrian safety.
• Liaise on Client’s behalf for regulatory inspections, various utility companies, residents, and other stakeholders with respect to construction activities.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• 4-8+ years of related experience in municipal/civil engineering construction, with direct experience in water/wastewater facilities.
• Positive attitude with good communication, interpersonal skills.
• MTO Class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing and access to a personnel vehicle.
• Effective communicator possessing demonstrated skills in dealing with other staff, contractors, and the public, with matters arising from Construction projects.
• Possess working knowledge of the Occupation Health and Safety Act and its Regulations, and Ontario Provincial Standards and Specifications (OPSS) for Municipal projects.
• Demonstrated skills in the use of computer utilizing programs such as Microsoft Office.