Our client in Burlington, Ontario is looking for a Senior Road Design Manager of Transportation to join their team!
This is an Associate Level position.
This individual must have knowledge of sewer/water (storm/sanitary and watermains/pumpstations, SWM), and experience in the design of roads (municipal, regional, county, arterial roads)
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited:
• Provide strategic direction to the Transportation Engineering (Burlington) group;
• Building and managing team to undertake preliminary and detailed of arterial roads, alignments, geometric, staging utilities, roadside safety;
• Checking of designs, drawings, quantity calculations, contract preparation;
• Preparing and implementing business plans;
• Engineering project management at a municipal and provincial level, including application of transportation engineering principles, contribution to Environmental Assessment studies;
• Supervision of design of specific projects, including coordination of drafting and inspection personnel, guidance of technical staff, client liaison, technical reviews, preparation of project specifications, and resolving various engineering problems;
• Set goals for work group, manage execution and measure results;
• Budget management, ensuring adequate staff on-hand to properly execute projects;
• Coordinating multidisciplinary project designs;
• Meet client requirements as per contractual agreements;
• Management of project tasks, schedules, budgets, cost control processes and work procedures;
• Coordinate business development activities including identifying and pursuing potential marketing opportunities.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, with at least 8 years expertise in road design (municipal, regional, county, arterial)
• A University degree or equivalent qualifications in Civil Engineering;
• Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.)
• Experience in consulting engineering environment;
• Experience in bidding/negotiating large contracts & developing strong carrier partnerships;
• Familiar with AutoCAD and In Roads is essential;
• Ability to work on several projects concurrently;
• Familiar with Ontario Provincial Standards (OPS);
• Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment;
• Able to monitor costs, including control of project schedules;
• Excellent technical and communication skills are necessary;
• Experience in the use of provincial transportation specific software is an asset;
• MTO designs experience is essential;
• PMP designation is an asset;
• Experience on roadway/bridge structural design-build projects is an asset;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill in English. French would be an asset;
• Knowledge of local market, an asset;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Experience in project management, business development, proposal writing, people and resource management.
Our client is a top Canadian multidisciplinary engineering firm that offers a wide variety of services in the areas of transportation, urban infrastructure, hydroelectricity, and urban planning. Their employees receive a highly competitive wage and benefit package, job stability, continuous training and a positive team environment. Our client offers flexible schedules, paid overtime, employee pension plan, comprehensive benefit plants, work-life-balance, career planning, and more!
Civil Engineer, Municipal Engineer, Transportation Engineer, Roadway, Road, Highway, Toronto, Burlington, arterial roads, geometric, staging utilities, roadside safety, swm, stormwater management, storm, sanitary, watermains, pump stations