Our client in Markham/Toronto, Ontario is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer specializing in Building Systems to take on a Business Lead position!
This individual will lead a team of engineers to provide engineering services for clients, develop new projects, and support other engineers within the company. This individual must have a mix of prior business development and HVAC/building systems engineering experience.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Operations Functions (Engineering, Construction Review, Project Management):
• Codes and standards check
• Energy usage modelling, with assistance from current staff
• Ventilation, heating and cooling load calculations
• Pumps, fans, heating and cooling equipment sizing
• Mechanical drawing preparation
• Review building drawings
• Attend site to carry out visual reviews and testing
• Liaise with contractor and clients
• Write reports and attend meetings with clients
• Assessing ability to qualify for incentives
• Review and understand project specifications.
• Site visits to check compliance of work to project specifications.
• Prepare, process, and distribute site visit reports and photos promptly.
• Identify deficiencies.
• Work with Contractor to resolve deficiencies and to ensure compliance with specifications
• Review meeting minutes at each site visit to ensure agreed items are completed
• Construction Summary Reports
• Permit Sign off
• Attend construction meetings and prepare meeting minutes
• Track progress of work compared to agreed schedule
• Budget monitoring
• Communicate with building staff and property manager to inquire about progress of work and any site issues
• Payment Certificates
Business Management Functions (Business Unit Management, Marketing, Human Resources)
• Assume responsibility for managing MEE services across all offices
• Track and manage financial metrics
• Produce monthly business unit management reports
• Contribute to strategic planning and implementation of objectives, strategies and tactics/actions
• Proposal preparation and pricing
• Forecasting and scheduling work
• Ensure quality meets standards
• Oversee template creation and improvement
• Update cost database
• Achieve MEE BU targets
• Develop marketing plan for MEE services
• Assist with national growth strategy by participating in annual strategic planning sessions and taking responsibility for agreed upon tactics.
• Attend industry and client events
• Develop new and maintain existing relationships with clients
• Mentoring junior engineers
• Learn Performance Review process
• Understand DISC assessment and how to use knowledge to interact with employees
Required Qualifications and Skills will include:
• Degree from a mechanical engineering program from an accredited institution
• Professional Engineering designation, P.Eng
• 5-10+ years of HVAC/plumbing/life safety design engineering experience
• Project Management or Team Lead experience
• Client liaison and development experience
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Knowledge/Experience with Visio, Word, Excel, ASHRAE Handbooks, Ontario Codes and Standards
• Access to a reliable vehicle
• Ability to make frequent site visits within the GTA or South-Western Ontario regions