Our client in Kitchener, Ontario is seeking a Senior Civil Project Manager to join their team!
The Senior Civil Project Manager will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of projects within the civil engineering team from inception through to completion. You must be able to lead, direct, and manage municipal, land development and site plan projects. Successful candidates will be forward thinking, and possess a solutions-based mindset in order to ensure customer and project team success.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Project management of the civil engineering team including management of overall project budgets, project team staffing, scheduling and customer interface
• Solicit and obtain approval from our customers of all project requirements, programs, goals, objectives and expectations prior to preparing deliverables at milestone dates and effectively advise project team accordingly
• Obtain customer schedules and budgets and structure the team effort to assure compliance with the contracted fees, schedule and hourly targets
• Monitor applicable project team hours for accuracy and time effectiveness and ensure project staff is accountable both for their budget hours and schedule as well as those of the customer
• Coordinate, monitor and review for completeness all construction budgets and cost estimates
• Coordinate and/or conduct construction administration activities based on project scope and fees
• Ensure timely completion of final project closeout for customer as well as internal procedures
• Oversee conformance to the firm’s quality management system (quality assurance, coordination and customer service)
• Coordinate and manage work of various sub-consultants as needed on project specific requirements
• Assist and support in staff forecasting including interviewing, hiring and training new staff
• Mentor staff in a motivational environment and conduct professional development and performance reviews
Required Skills & Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor degree in civil engineering from an accredited university
• P.Eng with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO), or ability to register
• 10+ years of experience in a consulting engineering or municipal environment, preferably in Ontario.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is an asset
• Strong project management skills
• Experience in roadway, sewer and site/subdivision design, storm-water management, environmental assessments and report writing
• Experience in the application of municipal engineering design criteria to the design of roadworks, storm water management systems, sanitary sewer collection systems and water distribution systems
• Experience coordinating and liaising with architects, structural and mechanical engineers, street lighting designers, surveyors and other related professionals who are part of the project teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for interaction with customers and design team
• Excellent management and supervisory skills are required for the development and coaching of team members
• Consistently leads by example and sets high standards for planning and efficiency
• Excellent work ethic and desire to succeed
Our client offers a competitive employment package, including: competitive salary, performance based bonuses, competitive vacation program, reimbursement of annual due for professional organization, employee social club, and employee referral program. Our client values their communities, and as such has strong volunteer outreach programs.
roadway, sewer and site/subdivision design, storm-water management, environmental assessments, report writing, roadworks, storm water management systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, water distribution systems, civil, municipal