Our client in Kitchener, Ontario is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their team!
This individual will have the opportunity to work in design for a variety of projects and projects types while working closely with clients to coordinate projects form inception through to completion. They will provide mentorship for young electrical engineers and designers in the areas of power distribution, lighting, and building systems.
***YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH ELECTRICAL BUILDING SYSTEMS, POWER DISTRIBUTION, & LIGHTING***
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Developing concept, schematic and developed designs for electrical project scope, including lighting, power and systems instructions.
• Preparing schematic and developed design reports to supplement submissions.
• Completing technical audits of existing facilities and preparation of corresponding reports.
• Surveying existing conditions as required for renovation projects.
• Coordinating electrical and telecom service supply requirements with utility companies.
• Completing electrical service and distribution systems calculations and equipment selection, including demand loading, fault current assessment, protective device co-ordination and ESA review package documentation.
• Completing lighting design (indoor and outdoor) including fixture, lamp, ballast selection and lighting calculations to IES standards.
• Designing electrical systems for building code compliance including life safety (fire alarm, emergency/exit lighting) and resource conservation (lighting selection, lighting controls, mechanical equipment services).
• Coordinating electrical installation and space need with other design team members.
• Assisting with business development activities through fee estimates, RFP response preparation and issuing of fee proposal letters.
• Participating in interviews/presentations as required.
• Interacting with clients throughout project delivery
• Scheduling and co-ordination of production activities and quality assurance review of project designs as required
• Completing technical analysis and preparation of corresponding reports for applicable projects.
• Preparing construction cost estimates for projects at various submission stages for client budgeting.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• 10+ years of experience in the design of institutional, commercial and industrial projects.
• Electrical Engineering Degree from an accredited university
• P.Eng designation with Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) preferred
• Experience in design or managing projects in a consulting engineering environment
• Strong communication and presentation skills to interact with clients regarding project updates.
• Excellent knowledge of Canadian/Ontario and other relevant codes and standards (ie: OBC, ESC, CSA, IES, IEEE, NFPA).
• Proven management and supervisory skills would be considered an asset, in the development and coaching of team members.
• Familiarity with different construction procurement methods would be considered an asset (Design-Build, Public Private Partnership, Integrated Project Delivery)