Our client in is looking for a strong Water Resources Engineer to join their team in either their Guelph or Mississauga, Ontario office! This position will primarily focus on modelling, with a secondary focus on stream erosion and fluvial geomorphology.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Modelling and design in support of drainage, stormwater management, and flood reduction studies
• Preparation of technical reports, presentations and proposals as part of a team comprised of a variety of environmental disciplines
• Conduct 1D and 2D modeling for sewer systems, watersheds and stream systems
Required Skills and Qualifications for this position will include:
• Degree in Water Resources Engineering from an accredited university
• P.Eng or P.Geo would be an asset
• Minimum of 5+ years demonstrated experience in consulting or related industry
• Proficient with common hydrologic and hydraulic modelling software, with 2D modelling considered an additional asset
• Experience with Modelling/Design of drainage and stormwater management systems, including Low Impact Development (LID) measures.
• General understanding of municipal and regulatory standards, guidelines and requirements
• Understanding of fluvial systems
• Technical expertise in the field of 1D and 2D modeling for sewer systems, watersheds and stream systems
• Experience with fluvial (river/streams) geomorphology and river/stream management would be an asset.
• GIS / CAD skills would be an asset
• Must be able to work well in a team environment
• Possess a high level of oral and written communication skills
• Valid driver’s license, insurance, & personal vehicle is required (work-related travel expenses will be compensated)
• Must be versatile and willing to work with a variety of different disciplines
Our client is a specialized and dedicated Engineering and Environmental Consulting firm with offices in Mississauga, Guelph and Kingston. With an established team of over 30 consultants and domain experts it prides itself in being an industry leader providing innovative solutions with practical implications for their clients. Celebrating its 25th year in delivering excellence to its clients, their multidisciplinary and adaptive management approach to unique and challenging projects continue to earn them a respected position as a segment leader in their field.
Water Resources, Civil, Environmental, Stormwater Management, SWM, Flood Reduction Studies, Fluvial Geomorphology, Geomorphologist, Drainage, 1D 2D Modelling, Sewer, Watershed, Stream, Hydrologic, Hydrological, Hydraulic, Low Impact Development, LID, GIS