Our client is a specialized and dedicated Engineering and Environmental Consulting firm with offices in Mississauga, Guelph and Kingston. With an established team of over 30 consultants and domain experts it prides itself in being an industry leader providing innovative solutions with practical implications for their clients. Celebrating its 25th year in delivering excellence to its clients, their multidisciplinary and adaptive management approach to unique and challenging projects continue to earn them a respected position as a segment leader in their field.
Our client in is looking for a professional Hydrogeologist to join their team in Kingston, Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and execute field programs for groundwater studies, environmental impact and natural heritage studies on greenfield sites and brownfield re-development proposals.
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of civil engineers, hydrologists, geomorphologists, geochemists, ecologists and biologists.
• Design and implement hydrogeological investigations, data analysis and to develop conceptual models.
• Management of client relationships
• Take on a leading role in business development
Required Qualifications and Experiences will include:
• Post-graduate degree in hydrogeology
• Qualification as a QPESA.
• Licensed professional geologist or engineer in the province of Ontario (P.Geo. or P.Eng.)
• Minimum 5-10+ years of experience as a hydrogeologist
• Experience with water balance, groundwater – surface water interactions, stormwater management, aquifer management and groundwater characterization
• Strong technical, commercial, interpersonal, presentation and reporting skills.
• Groundwater numerical modeling experience would be an asset.
• Brownfield experience includes contaminant hydrogeology, fate and transport of contaminants in the subsurface, remediation alternatives, management of phased environmental site assessments, preparation of records of site condition (RSC) and risk assessment/risk management programs.
• Experience with Environmental Compliance Approvals (ECA) and compliance monitoring would be an asset.
Our client emphasizes individual initiative, but promotes strong collaboration between staff members. They have a friendly work environment that encourages employees to provide ideas, strive for excellence, and create new opportunities. The firm offers a competitive compensation plan commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and career potential. This is an employee-owned firm with an excellent benefits program and profit sharing.
Hydrogeologist, Hydrogeology, Environmental, Geotechnical, Hydrogeotechnical