Our client in Brampton/Caledon, Ontario is looking for a Senior Project Manager Designer specializing in Land Development Engineering to join their team!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Plan and organize the design and drafting of engineering drawings for residential and commercial/industrial site plans, in accordance with applicable municipal specifications and within fixed work-hour budgets.
• Attend meetings as required with Clients, Municipal Agencies and other Consultants.
• Prepare proposals and related project budget forecasting.
• Have the ability to design complex storm and sanitary sewer systems, delineate drainage areas, design road and site grading, design water distribution networks, and prepare earth work quantities.
• Assemble, assess and incorporate municipal design standards, utility layouts and related reference material in preparing designs.
• Provide conceptual sketches of designs and information on design elements.
• Prepare preliminary and detailed quality take offs and cost estimates.
• Prepare pre-engineering survey requirements through site visits.
Required Qualifications and Skills will include:
• 5-10 years industry experience, preference given to those with local, consulting environment experience.
• The applicant shall demonstrate acceptable experience in construction site inspection.
• Subdivision and site plans design, cost estimating, specification preparation, and contract administration projects in Ontario.
• Design and construction of municipal infrastructure (roads, water distribution, sanitary sewer conveyance and storm drainage) and rehabilitation projects in Ontario.
• Understanding of hydrologic (incl. Visual OTTHYMO), hydraulic modeling (incl. HEC Geo-RAS) and water distribution system packages in order to direct staff.
• Ability to manage or prepare Storm Water Management (SWM) Reports in support of Secondary Plan, Draft Plan, Subdivision Design and Site Plan applications.
• Ability to complete detailed SWM Pond designs through to approval.
• Sound knowledge of Ontario's review agency requirements (Federal, Provincial, Municipal, and Conservation Authority), including the Environmental Assessment process.
• Familiar with the urban land planning process in Ontario.
• Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Creative and innovative thinker with sound technical aptitude and capabilities.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, associates, and clients.
• Ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast paced, high change environment.
• Good initiative and attention to detail.
• Expected to manage work with minimum supervision.
Our client is an award winning Canadian company that focuses on the environmental, clean energy, and land development engineering sectors. They specialize in integrated watershed management and infrastructure planning/design. They strive to provide sustainable solutions while respecting the environment. Our client has experienced recent growth, and is seeking passionate and talented professionals to join their team!
Site services, site grading, stormwater management, class environmental assessment, land development, structural engineering, transportation engineering, municipal, environmental, Functional Servicing Reports (FSR), Master Environmental Servicing Plans (MESP), Hydraulic Studies, hydrologic, visual OTTHYMO, hydraulic modeling, HEC Geo-RAS, water distribution, SWM, Site Plan, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Municipal Engineering, Municipal Infrastructure, AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop, LDD, Civil3D, Roadways, Stomwater, SWM, Water & Wastewater, Drainage, Modelling,