This is an opportunity to assume leadership of our client's Edmonton Oil and Gas division. This is a strategic replacement for the existing Managing Leader who will be transitioning into a different role within the company.
This individual will be responsible for:
• Optimizing core business processes, introducing innovative ideas, and fostering operational excellence;
• Working within collaborative teams across company to maximize opportunities within the overall client base;
• Engaging in long/ short term planning and the management of resources as key responsibilities of this position;
• Attracting and retaining key people within the organization and maintaining a good reputation within the Oil & Gas industry;
• Accountability for the implementation of corporate policies, procedures, and organizational structure for the business centre founded from within the company framework;
• Supervising the multi-disciplinary teams within the business centre that includes approximately 350 personnel;
• Accountablility for the execution of the project work from an operational, financial and resource standpoint within the business centre;
• Accountability for providing and maintaining a healthy and safe workplace and managing the environmental aspects within the business centre;
• Collaborating with Business Development, Quality and Business System Integration Teams within the Oil & Gas Business Line;
• Overseeing financial accountability and controls;
• Ensuring appropriate fiscal controls are in place to meet corporate compliance as well as business needs for the business centre;
• Accountability for the business centre’s budget process as per the company process;
• Establishing timelines;
• Providing support to management team;
• Holding management teams accountable for process;
• Ensuring budgets are in sufficient depth to form the basis for the planning process and for financial performance comparisons;
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and/or annual reporting, and other outreach material (website, SharePoint sites…etc.) as required;
• Accountability for compliance with HR Policies and Procedures, and recommends additions to, and/or modification of, in concert with the Oil & Gas Business Line Leadership Team;
• Accountability for office space and office system’s needs for the business centre, including purchasing equipment, supporting hiring/ on-boarding processes, and other office related items;
• Performing additional assignments as required by the needs of the Oil & Gas Business Line and/or Region;
Approximate breakdown of responsibilities is as follows:
Technical (Design/reviews): <10%
Project Management: Variable
Client Management/Business Development/Proposals: 50%
This individual will be responsible for overseeing approximately 350 professionals (with 7 direct reports); they will report to the VP of Oil and Gas, North America (who in turn reports to the Sector Leader). This individual may be positioned to move into a VP role within the next 2-4 years.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field;
- 10+ years of direct work experience in a management capacity in the Oil and Gas Industry;
- 15+ years of working experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Our client is able and willing to assist with relocation costs for the right individual, but they must be committed to moving to Edmonton. They will not be able to consider a contract arrangement for this opportunity.
Our client is a highly reputable global multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm with over fifty years of industry presence. Their oil & gas division designs facilities, pipelines, terminals, and refineries, as well as critical infrastructure like process plants and field facilities. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.