Our client in Calgary, Alberta is looking for a Senior Project Engineer of Transporation Structures to join their team!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- design of bridges for public and private transportation facilities including roadway, heavy rail, light rail, and pedestrian bridges; project management of bridge engineering projects;
- technical structural lead on bridge and multi-discipline projects; preparation of technical specifications and design reports;
- preparation of construction cost estimates;
- input to the preparation of bridge project proposals;
- client liaison;
- mentoring and development of technical staff.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Graduate from a recognized and accredited university in civil engineering with a focus on structures;
- P.Eng. registered in Alberta, or professional registration in progess with APEGA;
- 5 - 10 years of experience in structural engineering;
- Proficient in the use of structural design software;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Business development experience would be considered an asset.