Our client is looking for a driven and motivated individual looking to take the next step in their career. Our client is looking for a Reserve Fund Study Manager for their Toronto, Ontario office. Please read below to see if this is the right position for you!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Co-ordination and execution of Reserve Fund Study and Performance Audit projects.
• Preparation of Audit proposals.
• Preparation of comprehensive Performance Audits involving assessment of the "as-built" construction of a building resulting in the submission of a report summarizing the observed conditions, conclusions and recommendations.
• Co-ordination and scheduling reviews of repair work involving several engineering disciplines in order to recommend signing off of deficiencies reported in the Performance Audit reports.
• Representation in negotiations with Developers, Property Management and/or Board of Directors to assist in resolving deficiencies reported in the Performance Audit reports in a manner equitable to all parties.
• Preparation of Engineered Reserve Fund studies after reviewing the building's maintenance history and financial statements. Assess architectural building components for functionality, long term replacement and life cycle cost engineering.
• Representation at meetings with Property Management and/or Board of Directors to assist in comprehension of Reserve Fund Study reports and forecast for future funding.
• Preparation and presentation of proposals
• Oversee at least four direct reports
This position will consist of the following:
• Leadership / Admin - 30%;
• Proposals - 10%;
• Project Management - 10%;
• Report writing - 30%;
• Biz dev / Client development - 20%
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Post-secondary education/college diploma in a related field
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in preparing Reserve Fund Studies
• Qualified to conduct reserve fund studies
• Membership with MAATO
• Proven ability to manage staff and delegate work equitably
• Ability to read and interpret condominium documents such as; declarations, by-laws, survey drawings, architectural drawings and financial statements
• Know The Condo Act and Regulations as applicable to reserve fund studies and performance audits
• Understand building science and building finishes
• Superior oral and written communication and inter personal skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and RS Means Cost Books
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a consultative environment
• Aware of the significance of ACMO and CCI-T
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects within strict budget and timeline constraints
• Available for evening meetings with boards of directors
• Must have G driver’s license and access to own vehicle
• Willingness to travel outside the GTA if required
Our client is a growing multidisciplinary engineering consulting firm with offices throughout Ontario. Their expertise is within the structural, building services and municipal/civil sectors. Voted as a top 50 Employer and a top 50 Best Places to Work in Canada.
Reserve Fund Study, RFS, Performance Audit, Audit Reports, Building Maintenance, MAATO, Member of the Association of Architectural Technologists of Ontario, M.A.A.T.O., The Condo Act and Regulations, Building Science, Building Envelope, Building Condition Assessment, ACMO, Association of Condominium Managers of Ontario, CCI-T, Canadian Condominium Institute - Toronto,