Our client in Hamilton, Ontario is looking for an Intermediate Civil Engineer specializing in Land Development to join their team! This will be a transition position for current succession planning taking place. This position will also have the possibility of progression within 3-5 years of employment.
Typical projects include subdivision and site plan applications, land development, stormwater management, site grading, site services, etc. for single and multifamily residential developments and commercial, industrial and institutional projects.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, learning oriented and committed to delivering nothing but your best.
• Provide design engineering for subdivision projects in accordance with municipal, regional and provincial standards
• Chiefly be responsible for conducting engineering analysis, and providing conceptual and detailed design services.
• Complete civil site and municipal engineering projects, report preparation (including Functional Servicing Reports and Stormwater Management Reports) and technical specifications and cost estimates
• Co-ordinate utility installation for the projects with local utility companies
• Liaison with clients and project design team, including sub-consultants in other fields (landscape architects, environmental, transportation and electrical consultants)
Do you have what it takes? See if you fit the required qualifications and skills for this amazing opportunity:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• P.Eng designation through PEO, or eligibility to register
• 8-10+ years of experience in the engineering consulting industry focusing on residential site development and subdivisions
• Solid Technical background in Land Development engineering, subdivision design, stormwater management (SWM), etc.
• Mentoring skills to provide guidance to junior engineer
• Must be detail oriented
• Interest in project management and client liaison are not required, but will be considered an asset
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Autocad 3D, and various SWM model software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in technical writing of deliverables including work plans, reports and project correspondence as required
• The ability to identify work priorities and function with very little supervision
• Capable of working in independent and team environments and using an innovative approach to engineering and problem solving.
• Must possess a strong detail-oriented work style and an accommodating and proactive attitude
Our client is a full-service engineering, planning, surveying, and consulting firm. They have built a foundation for success, and a reputation for providing solutions and delivering the final product to our clients in a timely fashion.
Civil Engineer, Municipal Engineer, Land Development, Project Management, SWM, Stormwater Maangement, Site Grading, Site Services, Site plan applications, Civil 3D, Autocad 3D, Subdivisions