Our owner/operator client in Calgary is looking for a Senior Integrity Engineer who is P.Eng and NACE certified and can interpret ILI data. This individual will be a key front line leader responsible for the analysis of pipeline and facility integrity data. Does this sound like something you might be interested in? Please read below to see if this is the position for you!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Analysis of all relevant data and information to classify pipeline features and anomalies to ensure compliance with applicable codes and standards, and safe operation of the pipeline system.
• Leads development of annual and 5 year integrity dig program technical specifications and dig sheets, incorporating input from all stakeholders in Engineering, Field Services, contractors/ consultants, EH&S and Stakeholder/Regulatory Affairs to ensure timely delivery of high quality dig sheets and engineering specifications that may be safely and effectively executed in the field.
• Project manages all phases from scope development to execution through to development of recommendations for: Pipeline Risk Assessments, Facilities Risk Assessments, and New or modified pipeline facilities, systems and software, as needed, to ensure integrity of the pipeline
• Prepares engineering specifications as required to ensure regulatory compliance and integrity of pipeline systems.
• Tenders and prepares contracts for engineering assessment, fitness for service and investigative work.
• Develops team goals and priorities, and works with direct reports to successfully execute on deliverables.
• Delegates to direct reports work assignments and/or projects that support overall team objectives/goals.
• Holds monthly meetings with direct reports to review progress toward deliverables.
• Provides mentoring, coaching, supervision and training to colleagues, employees and stakeholders to build individual and organizational capability and safe and reliable pipeline operation.
• Actively networks and seeks out technology developments, identifying industry best practices and learnings to identify applicability to company’s pipeline systems.
• Actively supports and participates in CEPA working groups and industry initiatives.
• Actively engages with Shareholder technical / Integrity experts on an ongoing basis and as key member of Integrity Team.
• Provides assistance in preparation of project approval applications to the NEB and AER.
• Prepares compliance reports for all applicable regulatory bodies, principally the NEB, TSB, AER and Ministries of Environment.
• Leads development of Integrity related annual capital and expense budgets, and long range plans, consistent with OEMS and external commitments.
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Civil or Metallurgical Engineering
• Master’s degree in engineering will be considered an asset
• Professional Engineering designation (PEO, APEGA).
• NACE certification.
• 10-15 years of position related experience.
• ILI data interpretation - In-Line Inspection
• Experience in developing reliability processes and procedures preferred
• Experience in project management.
• Understands risk assessment techniques.
• Knowledgeable applicable Industry codes, standards and practices.
• Experience with Pipeline Operation and Maintenance.
• Proven understanding and demonstration of safety principles and standards.
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal/team skills.
• Must be a team player with a track record of effective collaboration and implementation within a multi-discipline team environment.
• Effective Non-Authoritative Leadership (NAL) skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively network to seek out and implement best practices and technology.
• Ability to coordinate and work with a sustained effort to meet deadlines and understand impact if not attained.
• Ability to manage time and resources to address numerous issues and work processes simultaneously.
• Ability to identify and implement “fit for purpose” solutions within a small company.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and creativity in developing solutions to company- wide Integrity problems.
Note: This position will require travel to visit field sites in Alberta, between Calgary and Edmonton
Pipeline Integrity, Corrosion, Oil & Gas, Data Analysis, Project Management, Integrity Dig, Dig Sheets, EH&S, Stakeholder/Regulatory Affairs, Pipeline Risk Assessments, Facilities Risk Assessments, Pipeline Facilities, CEPA, NEB, AER, TSB, Ministries of Environment, OEMS, Operational Excellence Management System, Mechanical, Civil, Metallurgical, NACE, ILI, In-Line Inspection, Pipeline Operation, Pipeline Maintenance, Non-Authoritative Leadership, NAL