Our client in Pinawa, Manitoba is looking for a Project Engineer/Project Manager to join their Decommissioning Projects team.
Our client is looking for someone with:
• PMP qualification (or similar)
• P.Eng, or eligibility to register with APEGM
• University Degree in Engineering or Applied Science
• Minimum 2 years of Project Management experience
• Knowledge of Engineering Codes and Standards
Do you think you fit this profile? Read on to see if this is the position for you!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and implement full-scale project plans including project scope, deliverables, estimates, resource requirements, budgets, risk registers and schedules.
• Constantly monitor projects, provide progress to all stakeholders and report on problems and solutions.
• Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
• Build excellent relationships with other departments (Procurement, Engineering, etc.) and contractors to ensure projects are effectively planned and smoothly executed.
• Interface with subject-matter-experts in a variety of technical areas (e.g. compliance and radiation protection, nuclear licensing, quality assurance, etc.), and obtain technical input as required.
• Provide direction and oversight to other professional and technical staff on large-scale projects.
• Administer and manage contracts with external consultants.
• Identify, assess and implement necessary changes to approved design, work scope, budget and schedule following the applicable change control processes.
• Provide timely and accurate project reporting and proactively deal with issues and opportunities.
• Prepare and review technical documents (e.g. technical scopes of work, feasibility studies, work plans, etc.).
Required Qualifications and Skills include:
• Qualification in project management (PMP) or similar.
• University graduation in engineering or applied science from a university of recognized standing
• Minimum of two (2) years of project management experience, or significant project management experience.
• Experience as a project manager with project management training (PMP or similar preferred).
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Eligibility for APEGM professional designation is preferred.
• Knowledge of engineering codes and standards used in the design, construction, and commissioning of processing systems and/or facilities within the nuclear environment is an asset.
• Experience in facility decommissioning an asset.
Pinawa, Manitoba is located in southeastern Manitoba near Whiteshell Provincial Park. It has rushing rivers, clear deep lakes, warm and sandy beaches, and the fresh scent of jack pine. It is home to many recreational activities include sailing, canoeing, fishing, hiking, swimming, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, and has some of Manitoba’s best golf courses. Pinawa has excellent schools, a hospital with medical clinic, full daycare services, a public library, bike paths, and playgrounds, making it a great place to raise a family. Visit the Pinawa website for more information on this beautiful city! http://pinawa.com/
Our client, a leader in Nuclear Innovation and Sustainable Development, has been providing safe and innovative applications from nuclear technology for over six decades. Some of their most notable undertakings can be found in areas as diverse as physics, chemistry and biology, among others.