Our client is a global, employee-owned organization. They are looking for a dynamic, trustworthy and influential leader to join their team as VP of Business Development. This individual will be working with the Principals, Associates, and an international team of Account Managers within our client’s 180 offices worldwide. How can you be successful in this type of position? You must be experienced in business development, passionate, and determined to meet goals!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Lead, embed and improve the Key Business Programme to deliver a staple of loyal, satisfied clients.
• Measure, monitor and continuously improve on client satisfaction objectives,
• Play a leading role in managing relationships with significant clients and generating new client relations;
• Lead major bids for key clients;
• Lead strategic direction for the Client Management team globally; in particular continue the evolution of our approach from responding to RFP’s to building a sales funnel based on client relationships that allow us to position ourselves for future opportunities ahead of the RFP process
• Contribute to the development of the company’s direction and growth strategy and support the achievement of both organic and acquisition led growth;
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify and execute business strategies that win key opportunities and contribute to the company’s top line growth;
• Lead the further development of our proposal process and team. Develop protocols, processes and techniques as necessary to improve strike rate, reduce risk of inappropriate/ineffective bidding and provide necessary feedback/review on successes and failures (continuous improvement);
• Understand our pricing models and contribute to the development of creative solutions to grow revenue while meeting clients’ expectations;
• Monitor industry trends and develop tracking systems to forecast future large-scale mining, construction, pipeline and energy development project;
• Establish revenue forecasting processes for all of company business;
• Contribute to the commercial risk assessment for major opportunities.
Required Skills and Qualifications for this position will include:
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, science or business
• MBA will be considered an asset
• 15+ years of total business development experience
• At least 5 years of demonstrated international client management and business development experience
• Thorough understanding of engineering, environmental consulting, mining, construction or EPCM industries
• Ability to influence and gain credibility at senior management levels
• Demonstrated ability to build and lead high performance teams
• Strong listener with the aptitude for translating client comments into business opportunities
• A proven track record of top line growth and high client service satisfaction
• Personally driven, with a passion for client service and business success as part of internationally recognized, landmark, development projects
• Ability to forecast social and economic market trends which may lead to sustainable future revenue streams for the organization, ultimately offering business solutions for client
• Strong communicator, understands the dynamics of interpersonal relationships, skilled in facilitation, leading meetings, gathering input, providing praise and recognition, and inspiring presenter
• Have the capabilities to establish trusting relationships, quickly, with internal and external partners while maintaining values in line with our organizations guiding principles
Our client is an award winning company that strives to be the leader in environmental and ground engineering in Canada and worldwide. It’s team-oriented approach and respect for all their employees ranks them as one of the “Best Employers” in Canada, and one of the “Best Managed” private companies in the engineering industry. They offer an option to become an owner, career and personal development opportunities, employee mentoring program, and competitive benefits and remuneration packages!