Our client in Calgary, Alberta is looking for an experience Project Manager to join their Pipeline Integrity Dig Team! They are looking for someone who is able to achieve safety and quality while meeting the budgeting and scheduling goals.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure projects are developed and executed while taking into consideration: safe work practices, regulatory requirements and directives, quality assurance, engineering, procurement, reporting, planning, scheduling and controls, securing land access agreements, construction management, industrial labour relations, stakeholder and landowner relations and environmental practices.
• Estimate, plan, execute, and complete the construction of assigned projects and activities according to strict safe work practices, deadlines and budgets.
• Coordinate the efforts of employees, third-party subcontractors, consultants, vendors and suppliers in order to deliver completed projects in accordance with requirements, plans, budgets and schedules.
• Schedule and lead weekly progress meetings with project teams and service providers
• Define the project’s goals and objectives
• Identify risks and mitigation steps
• Oversees the project’s safe development, execution, health, safety & environment, compliance with all regulatory requirements, positive stakeholder and landowner relations, and quality control throughout the project’s duration.
• Manage change as per company’s Management of Change (MOC) requirements.
• Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all reports, financial data and the project schedule.
• Ensure project deliverables are compliant with all applicable codes and standards, regulatory requirements, Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS), and all applicable procedures and safe work practices.
• Proactively build and maintain good working relationships and high quality communications with all project team members, service providers, stakeholders, regulators and internal Leadership.
• Support the Senior Manager, Field Services & Integrity West as well as the Integrity & Reliability Program Executive and Program Manager in proactively anticipating and resolving issues and risks, and communicating in a timely fashion.
• Develop and execute a communication plan
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor’s degree Engineering accredited in the province of Alberta
• P.Eng Professional Engineering Designation through APEGA or ability to register
• Minimum 7 yrs Project Management (Hydrocarbon handling/ processing/distribution environment).
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification will be considered an asset
• Ability to coordinate and work with a sustained effort to meet deadlines and understand impact if not attained.
• Ability to manage time and resources to address numerous issues and work processes simultaneously.
• Demonstrated non-authoritative leadership (NAL) and team building skills.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence, negotiate, and make decisions.
• Political and cultural awareness.
• Effective communications (written and verbal, range of stakeholders).
• Understanding of regulatory requirements and directives (ie AER, DOF etc).
• Demonstrated skills in:
o Gantt charts
o Project schedule development
o Gap Analysis
o Estimating time accurately
o Work Breakdown Structures
o Change Management
o Project reporting and dashboards
• Experience in Pipeline Integrity Digs, Pipeline Operations, and working with/for Owner/Operator and EPCM firms is preferred, but not required
• Ability to set own goals and determine how to accomplish results with few or no guidelines to follow
• Ability to regularly travel to service provide and integrity dig sites between Edmonton and Calgary
Our client is a leader in the engineering, procurement and construction management sector, and provides project development, execution and engineering services for industrial purposes. They have a dedicated team who strives to provide the best results for their clients.
Management of Change, MOC, Operational Excellence Management System, OEMS, Pipeline Integrity, Hydrocarbons, PMP, Non-authoritative leadership, NAL, AER, DOG, Gantt charts, project schedules, gap analysis, work breakdown structures, change management, dashboards, EPC, EPCM