Timing couldn't better to join a global top 50 Engineering Consulting firm that holds the #1 market position in all things Urban and Land Development in Edmonton, Alberta. With a regional workforce of over 4,000 employees spread across 4 offices, our client exemplifies excellence in employee culture, passionate delivery of projects and champion of quality, service and value for clients across a multitude of industry sectors.
Work in a contemporary, open and modern office concept where you can configure your office to your individual ergonomic needs. Experience what true collaboration with your colleagues and managers could be like where everyone works towards a common goal. This is a place where people know your name and where you are missed when you're not around. Our client promotes a work hard and play hard credo, but backs it up with ongoing social and networking opportunities. Too good to be true? Find out for yourself by reading on...
If you are seeking a defined career path, where you are encouraged and supported to grow and stretch yourself both personally and professionally beyond your wildest imagination, then this is your next stop on the life train that you just can't afford to miss!
We are seeking multiple designers, engineers, Project Engineers and Project Managers for leadership opportunities for our client's Community Development group, a group where you could be the next CEO or Senior Executive and be noticed within this Global Company.
Get noticed and have the opportunity to unleash your maximum potential as an Engineering Professional!
We are currently seeking several Senior Project Engineers and Project Managers with Land Development (preferably Subdivision or Residential) which includes the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing work programs, cost estimates and budgets for projects.
• Guiding projects through to completion, whether it is due diligence/feasibility work, preliminary/conceptual design, detailed design, scheduling, tendering and construction.
• Directing staff and participating directly in the completion of projects.
• Liaising with clients, agencies and others to obtain and determine project requirements and approvals.
• Ensuring that the clients’ needs are met in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Managing the financial aspects of projects.
• Ensuring projects meet applicable specifications and regulations.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
• Must have a thorough understanding of civil engineering design, obtained through 10+ years of experience in land development engineering;
• P.Eng designation will be considered an asset
• Solid background in residential and/or commercial subdivisions, site plans, and master servicing plans.
• Interest in business development.
• Possess effective leadership and time management skills.
• Self-motivated individual possessing strong interpersonal skills and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
• Excellent communication skills in English, including speaking, writing (emails; reports) and comprehension.
• Must be able to work independently with demonstrated ability to manage projects and clients.
civil, municipal, community development, work programs, cost estimates, budgets, due diligence, feasibility, preliminary design, conceptual design, detailed design, tendering, subdivions, site plans, master servicing plans, business development