Our client in Toronto is looking for a Project Engineer to join their Temporary Structures team! This individual will need to have experience in shoring and formwork.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Support the temporary structures unit in the form of engineering analysis, design, execution of field reviews and shop drawing preparation, review and approval
• Conduct analysis of structures such as reinforced concrete slabs, steel structures, aluminum structures, timber structures, and scaffolding using software such as STAAD Pro and Safe.
• Analysis, design and drafting of tower crane foundations and also conduct re-bar inspections to ensure compliance with design drawings.
• Analysis, design and drafting of mobile crane re-shoring for traverse over suspended slabs and support of outriggers.
• Prepare formwork (shoring and false work) shop drawings using a range of equipment including system scaffold, aluma, peri and meva, etc.
• Conduct pre-pour reviews and provide on-site recommendations to ensure timely and safe execution of pours.
• Prepare reviews of access scaffolding to ensure compliance with design drawings and OHSA regulations.
• Prepare reports documenting outcome of analysis and calculations for circulation to clients and agencies such as TTC, Ministry of Labor, Municipalities etc.
• Prepare and approve detailed calculations regarding the analysis and design of structures
• Conduct research into the use of equipment and techniques which are new to the construction section in Canada.
• Provide guidance to draftspersons on the preparation of shop drawings.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Structural Engineering Degree from an accredited educational institution
• 10-15+ years of experience
• P.Eng designation, or ability to register
• Knowledge and experience with temporary structures
• Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work effectively within a diverse multi-discipline team
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Projects, AutoCAD, project management software
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and to work within complex and evolving organization
• Ability to find positive solutions to complex and sensitive issues with Senior Project Manager, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Willingness to travel outside of GTA required
• Must have G driver’s license and access own vehicle
• Exemplary verbal and written skills