Our client has an immediate need for skilled CAD Specialists to join their group in Oakville. Due to growth, they are seeking a CAD Designer as well as a more senior level individual as a CAD Leader; the ideal candidates will have strong communication skills and the ability to be groomed to take on more responsibility over time as the company continues to grow.
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Completion of engineering site development and subdivision plan drawings.
• Preparation of road design, grading, sanitary and water main drawings for municipal infrastructure projects.
• Preparation of cost estimates, specifications, and contract administration assistance.
• Assistance with as-required land development project related inspection tasks.
• Assistance with the coordination of consultant sub-contractors, including survey, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical, etc. components.
• Assistance with contract administration, such as preparing contract documents, progress payment certificates, certificates of substantial completion etc.
• Understanding, using and adhering to CAD standards.
• Adhering to Ontario municipal drawing conventions and other client requirements.
• Provide in-house AutoCAD problem solving.
• Provide in-house technical support for plotting and electronic file submissions.
• Maintain electronic drawing file organization for projects and provide support for CAD file retrieval.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Completion of a diploma or degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or Survey/Geomatics Engineering Technology from a recognized college.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in drafting.
• Preference will be given to candidates with municipal engineering or land development related design projects.
• Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop or other related software packages.
• Knowledge of Civil-3D would be considered an asset.
Our client opened their doors just over ten years ago, and since then they've tripled in size. This is due in part to their tireless dedication to investing in their people and maintaining a high level of quality in their work. The Partners behind this group are some of the biggest names in Land Development in the consulting sector around the GTA, and so the expectations are that this upward trend will continue for the foreseeable future. This is a great opportunity for a skilled professional who is looking to fast-track towards the next challenge in their career.
CAD, AutoCAD, Civil3D, Civil-3D, LDD, Land Development Desktop, Municipal, Infrastructure, Geomatics, Drafting, CET, Civil, Site services, site grading, stormwater management, class environmental assessment, land development, structural engineering, transportation engineering, municipal, environmental, Functional Servicing Reports (FSR), Master Environmental Servicing Plans (MESP), Hydraulic Studies, hydrologic, visual OTTHYMO, hydraulic modeling, HEC Geo-RAS, water distribution, SWM, Site Plan, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Municipal Engineering, Municipal Infrastructure, AutoCAD, Land Development Desktop, Roadways, Stomwater, SWM, Water & Wastewater, Drainage, Modelling