Our client is looking for a proven leader to join their team! They are looking for someone to manage multiple and external customer interfaces, pipelines, terminals, and blending systems. If this sounds like the challenge you’ve been waiting for, please consider the following position of Control Room Supervisor (Production Manager) in Richmond Hill, Ontario!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Supervises multiple internal and external customer interfaces, pipelines, terminals and provides for reliable, disciplined operations.
• Safely and effectively supervises day to day operations of the local office and remote operated refined product pipeline systems with integration of batch scheduling, tracking and leak detection system programs.
• Administers all activities as required and within company systems.
• Delivers on time and in full to shippers per conditions of transportation.
• Networks with other Products Movements /Control Center Supervisors to learn and share best practices.
• Interfaces with our customers and shippers to understand, schedule and deliver their petroleum product supply needs and plays a critical role in maintaining and enhancing performance and reputation with them.
• Completes all required Preventive Maintenance (PMs) activities.
• Reports all breakdowns and faults
• Improves line control procedures.
• Develops and stewards to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and identifies opportunities to improve throughout and utilization.
• Quantitatively and qualitatively reports weekly on pipeline performance.
• Improves operations to eliminate errors and delays.
• Reports, investigates and closes all environmental, health, safety and security events and actions.
• Identifies and closes relevant Operational Excellence Management System (OEMS) Element audit and regulatory gaps.
• Complies with all OEMS requirements, standards and procedures and regulatory requirements.
• The Supervisor, Product Movements is responsible for the Scheduling and the Line Control employees who are responsible for planning and conducting continuous remote operation of 1200 km of pipeline located in Alberta, Ontario and Quebec
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• College diploma (engineering is an asset) in Electronics, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
• 5-10 years of front line supervision or leadership experience
• High level knowledge of Health and Safety policies and regulations
• Unionized leadership expertise in a 24/7 control room operations (preferably Pipeline Oil/Gas, but can consider Chemical/Process, Rail/Transit, Utilities/Power, Water/Wastewater Treatment) or manufacturing environment
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Hands on, leading by example, self-starter
• Superior team building, morale and motivational leader
• Demonstrable ability to change and build team culture where a highly tenured team currently exists
• Successful track record of troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills
• Deploy performance driven and team building exercises and KPI tracking to monitor, advise and guide team member production, quality and employee engagement
• Previous customer service experience, managing product distribution and delivery of product to end user or customers
• Good working knowledge of Canadian Labour Code (CLC), Canadian Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
• Strong understanding of scheduling, batch tracking, leak detection tools and applications is an asset.
• Strong working knowledge of control centre operations and required regulatory requirements for both NEB and AER regulated pipeline systems.
Our client has been in the pipeline operating business for more than 60 years. They are advocated of process safety, and environmental sustainability. They are currently responsible for operating approximately 1200km of pipeline throughout Canada, and focus on transporting refined fuel products. As a member of the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA), they are committed to ensuring pipeline safety.
Production Supervisor, Control Room, Controls, PLC, SCADA and data communications, pipeline measurement, transportation protocols, mechanical systems including; valves, pumps and meters, scheduling, batch tracking, leak detection tools and applications