Our client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who is an expert in Water/Wastewater projects to join their team in Red Deer, Alberta! This individual will need to be an excellent presenter of information, with very strong communication skills.
Required Skills and Qualifications for this position will include:
• 8-10+ years of experience working within an Consulting Design Firm, with a focus on Building Services Design and Project Management in Water and/or Wastewater or Building Systems (Institutional and Commercial)
• Mechanical Engineering Degree from a nationally accredited engineering program.
• P.Eng. or equivalent is required.
• Full knowledge and expertise in HVAC and Plumbing systems design, calculations, life cycle cost analysis, drawing production and report writing specific to industrial buildings with a specialty in Water/Wastewater treatment projects is preferred.
• Strong background in Health Care, Commercial, Educational, Water and/or Wastewater Projects.
• Experience with the Red Deer market is an asset.
• LEED, PMP, or similar green building certification is required.
• Working knowledge of Energy Simulation Programs and MS Office is required.
• Demonstrated Proficiency with International Building Codes and Standards.
• Project management experience is desired, with an ability to manage work in a team-oriented environment and see projects through to completion.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; a high proficiency in English is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in specification writing in CSI Master Format.
• Understanding of multidisciplinary coordination through design and the construction process.
• Must have experience with the latest versions of AutoCAD and Mechanical Engineering Design Software, including Revit MEP.
• Must be able to work well independently and to manage a team of Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Engineers to successfully deliver projects on time and in budget.
• Detailed oriented and well organized with effective communication skills both verbal and written.
If balancing a rewarding career with a healthy lifestyle outside the workplace is important to you, consider Red Deer, Alberta. Red Deer offers the same first-class amenities that you would expect from a large city in a community that maintains the spirit, values, and warmth of a small town. Build your career AND enjoy your life.
Founded in the mid-1950's, our Client has since grown into an extremely well-known and highly reputable multidisciplinary company that is recognized as a Top 50 Global Design firm. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.
Mechanical Engineer, HVAC, Plumbing, P.Eng, Water or Wastewater