Our client in Medicine Hat Alberta is looking for a Civil Engineer Team Lead to join their team! Now is your chance to join a great company in Canada’s sunniest city!
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinating with engineers, technical staff and/or team members in land development, water, wastewater, stormwater, transportation and other disciplines to ensure that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner
• Writing reports and design briefs to document analyses
• Client liaison and business development tasks including proposal preparation, project planning, etc.
• Following the process for obtaining approvals from various agencies
• Taking responsibility for the quality of your written, technical and graphic work, and for completing work on-time and on-budget
• Coordinating design drawings, in an AutoCAD environment, civil infrastructure projects.
Required Skills and Qualifications will include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• 8+ years of related experience.
• Registered as a P.Eng. (or eligible for registration) with APEGA.
• Experience in the design of civil infrastructure such as site planning, roads, drainage, grading, water systems, sanitary sewer systems and other municipal infrastructure.
• Problem solving and decision making skills are essential.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
• Ability to take the lead on a project team is essential.
• Commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.
• Experience in construction inspection, contract administration and project management.
• Experience with engineering software applications such as Civil3D and other design or modeling tools would be considered an asset
• demonstrated leadership, solid technical design experience, project management experience and exceptional interpersonal communication skills
Medicine Hat Information:
Medicine Hat is a community of 61,097 residents located in the southeast corner of Alberta, and is an excellent destination for all ages at any time of the year. The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a "Community of Choice"; a place where people choose to live, work and play. Medicine Hat experiences the lowest combined tax rate in Canada, the lowest utility rates in Alberta and an enviable climate. Known as the "oasis of the prairies", Medicine Hat is also Canada's sunniest city.
Founded in the mid-1950's, our Client has since grown into an extremely well-known and highly reputable multidisciplinary company that is recognized as a Top 50 Global Design firm. They offer unlimited opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development, placing immense value on allowing every employee to reach their maximum potential.